Door Hangers vs. Flyers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by silentbob, Feb 10, 2008.

1. silentbob

silentbob LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Ok everyone,

What's your opinion on door hangers vs. flyers. I've used flyers the last couple of years and had decent success, but it seems nowadays that every "Joe Lawn Care" in the world does the same thing and I've seen some mailboxes with 5 flyers taped to them at the same time! No matter how good your flyer is, it seems to get lost in the shuffle.

I'm thinking of going the doorhanger route, but I'm not sure if the extra effort (walking around from door to door) will be worth it vs. just driving by and putting flyers on mailboxes (I'm not going to debate the legality of it because everyone does it).

What have you all had success with? Also, what do you typically put on your flyers/doorhangers? Do you push Pricing? Quality? Dependability? (all of the above?)

2. columbia

columbia LawnSite Member

If everyone in your area is putting on mailboxes why not stand out and do door hangers rather then follow the crowd?

3. silentbob

silentbob LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Anyone...?

4. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Silent Bob, why be like the rest of the idiots who put them on mailboxes?

5. BCFLawnLandscape

BCFLawnLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

The reason people do flyers is it is a cheaper, easier way to do it. Door hangers look much more professional if your willing to spend the extra cash on them! If everyone in your area is doing flyers, you need to do something different! Good Luck!