Door Hangers vs Flyers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Fwilamosky, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Fwilamosky

Fwilamosky LawnSite Senior Member

I've always used flyers to advertise each year and have had no problems with them, but this year I'm thinking about having door hangers designed and printed. What are everyone's thoughts? Have you had better ROI for door hangers or more on flyers?

2. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

We've had better luck with flyers rather than door hangers. Last year, we tried using promo packs instead of flyers, but that didn't pan out to much either. Our promo packs were basically a small stack of coupons plus a full page flyer stuck in an envelope that we'd leave at people's doors when doing door-to-door solicitations.

3. Fwilamosky

Fwilamosky LawnSite Senior Member

thanks for the opinion. how many flyers and door hangers do you put out?

4. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

Somewhere in the ball park of 500 flyers per week for about a month or two. It's usually just one person putting them out for us.

5. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

Bump...I'm interested in this thread.

6. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Effectiveness of a marketing piece USUALLY relies on the message, appearance, offer, etc.... Not always, but usually.

In other words, a well put-together flyer, targeted in the right area to the right people will pull many times better than a generic looking door hanger offering the wrong services or conveying the wrong message.

And of course, vice versa...