Door Hangers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Speedy_Cut, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Speedy_Cut

Speedy_Cut LawnSite Member

Trying to develop a business plan and was wondering if anyone has kept track on number of clients received from using door hangers as advertisement or clients recieved with sending out flyers. Eg. would be for every 1000 flyers or door hangers recieve 100 calls and 15 clients.

2. Markf

Markf LawnSite Senior Member

In my experience your estimate of the rate of phone calls is too high. Also, when are the hangers going out? Now? What is your target? Meaning, lawn maintenance, hardscape, landscape? Soon is a good time to start advertising for fall clean ups (End of August right thru when the leaves start to drop). Heck, we are in the process of starting to schedule snow plowing with our clients!

We started door hangers at the end of March. We tried to get out again for May/June because the is a lot of business that at this time the homeowner realizes that they made a mistake by going with the cheapest service because of the quality of the work. This is how we recently picked up a commercial account and the residence of the owner of the business.

Good luck!

Mark

3. Speedy_Cut

thanks mark, that is kind of what i was curious about is what percentage of calls per 1000 or 10,0000 door hangers and likewise to mailing out flyers. I have also found more in researching I got number of 0.8% calls from number of flyers with a 45%-50% close ratio.

4. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I've received 1.2-1.8% LANDED job rate everytime I put out postcards. This is largely dependant, IMO and obviously, in what area of the country you are in and it's growth of development.

Best wishes!

5. Speedy_Cut

Thank you too Howard, the more information I can gather the stronger and more accurate my business plan can be.

6. MowinGuy

MowinGuy LawnSite Member

I usually do the door hangers and get less than .5% response rate. This spring I tried direct mailing to 200 residences and received 7 responses all resulting in one time mows, one of which became a full season account.

This year I've gotten one account from signs on my vehicle and one from word of mouth.