Door Hangers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by BlakeReeder, Mar 6, 2007.

1. BlakeReeder

BlakeReeder LawnSite Member

I just wanted to see what everybody thaught about door hangers. I personally have mixed opinions about them. They are not all that productive. In my experience they have about a 1% call return and about 1/2% job return. Let me know your opinion!

2. Mow2nd-2

Mow2nd-2 LawnSite Member

IMO door hangers are a waste of time and money. they cost alot more than flyers and remember with door hangers your gonna have to walk to every door to put them out and with flyers you can simply ride from house to house with out getting out (much faster method).

3. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

Where are you leaving your flyers in the mailbox? The Post Office frowns on that sort of thing.

4. Mow2nd-2

Mow2nd-2 LawnSite Member

i don't put in mailbox thats illegal. i tape to outside of mailbox out of the mailmans way, they usually don't say anything then, but i put on paper box if/when available thats the best place.

5. Ecoscape01

Ecoscape01 LawnSite Senior Member

since I'm a cheap bastard with little money for advertising, I decided to make mine myself. They are 4 1/4 by 11 so you can fit two per page. I'm gonna have 1000 printed at Staples for like 30 bucks and then stuff them in door hanger bags (1000 for 19 bucks) and hang 'em on people's door knobs. I'll let you know how that turns out. Since they're not that effective supposedly, but I've heard some people say they get a 3% call back and 1.5% jobs booked, why spend a bunch of money on them

6. Mow2nd-2

Mow2nd-2 LawnSite Member

lol i am cheap too, i have my flyers made there too. i don't use the ol' call me back flyer, with my flyer i put out 500 and get back 15-20 and sign-up 3-7 of those.
    MY FLYER IS MONEY IN THE BANK.

7. gmlcinc

gmlcinc LawnSite Member

8. Dempsey7

Dempsey7 LawnSite Member

I'm probably just gonna go with "postcard" flyers and tape them to the mailboxes or perhaps but them near the front door, haven't figured it out yet but they're much cheaper.

9. Leisure Time Lawn Care

Leisure Time Lawn Care LawnSite Member

try 3000doorhangers.com. Thats where I got mine