Door hangers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by DISTURBEDSMR, Feb 2, 2008.

1. DISTURBEDSMR

DISTURBEDSMR LawnSite Member

Anyone ever talk to a mail man that walks about paying him a little extra to put on doors on his route or would it be illegal for them to do this. Just wondering as I was doing door hangers today. Three hours of door hangers two customers signed up while passing them out.:walking:

2. lawnscapesLLC

lawnscapesLLC LawnSite Member

It's way illegal. and now way is a guy with a decent job going to wreck it for that. Sometimes I wish they would tho, lol

3. shane mapes

shane mapes LawnSite Senior Member

yes pretty illegal, but try using a young kid from the neighbor hood . i used one a few years ago with my son also it was o.k. got a few calls to pay for them and put few bucks in my pocket..

4. DISTURBEDSMR

DISTURBEDSMR LawnSite Member

Yeah thought it would be yeah I took 5 people with me saturday put out alot of hangers one kid had his rollerblades he was smokin.

5. georgiagrass

georgiagrass LawnSite Senior Member

I know most of you already know this, but for those who don't: DON'T PUT HANGERS ON MAILBOXES; IT IS A FEDERAL CRIME. I'm not just talking about avoiding putting something IN the mailboxes; it is illegal to hang, tape, etc. anything ON a mailbox.

6. Kortas

Kortas LawnSite Member
    from Arizona

My Mother works for the post-office and she indicated it's ok to tape something to the side of the larger mailboxes in neighborhoods. I could be off on this though, it was a while ago.

Kids on roller-blades are the best, hands down!!! My little brothers did it for me years ago (when they were little brothers) and it was great. I just drive behind them and they hit entire neighborhoods real fast.