door hangers

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawnbandit, Feb 17, 2008.

1. lawnbandit

lawnbandit LawnSite Member

are they worth the time and money? thanks:walking:

2. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

yes. no problem. :)

3. naughty62

naughty62 LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

Even though boss has been in game for 34 years I am gonna order some door hanger bags .In the bag I am gonna place a couple xeroxed sheets of common mistakes and poor practices .It was realy dry last year and hoping to pick up some seed jobs and new accounts. Some people do not understand poor results from poor timing and over application of pre-M,Ect,Ect Ect.Just enough Imformation to get em to scratch thier head .Does anybody know if the blackburn bags would hold up for this purpose ?

4. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

Well, I like them for several reasons, and I hate them for other reasons!

I am using a simple doublesided one color green type on fairly heavy yellow stock. Nothing fancy. Including having the artwork and type setting done, 2000 cost me 325. I just used stock logos. I have about 650 out, and so far got 8 responses. Not great, not horrible. Two I lost after meeting the whacko owners. The other 6 I got. Being an LCO as well as an applicator, these accounts will run about $1,500 or more in billings. One looks like it will bill out at well over $2,000. Very expensive plantings, and I'll have to be on my toes watching for problems, and he wants deep root feedings and all sorts of other apps. The pruning alone will be over $300 for the season.

I like the fact that I can skip houses I want no part of. So far, all of the accounts I have gotten are within a mile of my house. Makes for a nice, tight, flexable route.

I HATE the walking! I can do about 60 an hour, and quit after three hours and about 9 or 10 miles of walking. So many door handles can be a problem to get the stupid thing to stay on without blowing off in the wind. Some people don't use the front door, so you have to find a place near, but not in or on the mailbox.

I'd say it's a good ROI IF you have the time for it.

5. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

should have no problem with the blackburn bags for the use you want

6. lawnbandit

lawnbandit LawnSite Member

nice guys finsh in the shower