Door hangers??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnpro2210, Apr 6, 2008.

1. lawnpro2210

lawnpro2210 LawnSite Member

I just passed out over 300 door hangers today in some pretty nice neibor hoods.Just wondering who else does this for advertising and how many customers they get douing it.Thanks mike

2. TheTurfTender

TheTurfTender LawnSite Member
    from Mn

My first year in the biz. I have tried a lot of avenues for marketing, and by FAR......The door hangers have worked best. Cheapest too!!

3. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

I did 1200 door hangers my first year. Most ended up in the newspaper mailbox after I got fatigued. Got about 17 lawns.

I found that brochures and door hangers are equally effective. A cheap ad for a month is good for starting, too. Word of mouth, neighbors, and referrals follow nicely over a few seasons.

The most effective thing I did was to visit the sales rep's at new communities (common around my region). I gave them cards, the gave me referrals! How easy is that?

4. turftechlawnpro

turftechlawnpro LawnSite Member

I love door hangers. We have done alot of different things to get are name out there and i have found that if u put a lot of time in ur door hanger to make it stand out from the rest u will get tuns of work from it. Remember to watch ur areas that u target most people will sit back and get 3to5 flyer's before they make the call. I try to get in my areas at the same time as my competition.

5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I have done about 300 doorhangers. One call to date - but it has been cold here up until now so I don't think the calls have all come in yet. I think it is worth it - shows you are putting in the effort. My newspaper ad hasn't yielded anything and it costs a lot more than the doorhangers.

6. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

We have hung about 300 in the last two weeks. I've got two jobs so far, a spring cleanup and hydroseeding a new front lawn.

7. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

Of the 800 I put out, I got 15 customers, most with full ferts and pesticide apps. For the strat up, who wants a tight territory, and is willing to put them out, I have to think it's the cheapest way to go. You can even skip the houses you would not want.

This is the only way I will advertise.

8. lawnpro2210

Sweet i think i did a pretty good job on them but ill let you gies decide tell me what ya think. Heres what they look like hope it shows up lol

Attached Files:

9. lawnpro2210

Lol i also changed the cupon around to "Save 50% off the first mowing for summer customers" Lets see what yours look like.