Door Hangers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Mack, Jan 25, 2003.

1. Mack

Mack LawnSite Member

Has anyone bought door hangers from nebs. How did you like them and did they work.
  2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Got them, but never used them. 2000 for $138, which is a promotional offer for first time buyes. They are a pretty generic hanger. The marketing experts say to spend the extra money and bigger and brighter is better. Their words, not mine.

3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

We purchased 2000 of them the second year we were in business.
    We didn't distribute many of them at all.
    They were pretty plain looking, but that wasn't the problem.

I don't know about in everyone elses area, but in ours, they were very hard to hang on certain types of doors, and a good portion of the time, they just wouldn't fit without tearing. If they did fit, they hung so loose that they would just blow right off.
    To heck with that. Haven't used them since.
    (More expensive, better looking, heavier vinyl coated ones, may work differently.) These were cheap ones. We got what we paid for. :rolleyes:
  4. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

Had a friend that tried them with no luck. I still think that word of mouth is the best way! It maybe the slowest but it still works I wouldn't waste my time with door hangers. If I were you I would buy a sign that has your name, what you do, and phone number on it and and stick it in your customers yard for a week or so. I had one the first year in the biz and it went around the block and down a couple of streets. I made the mistake and had my first sign to cramed with usleess info. Keep your sign short and simple so when the folks in the area ride by they can read your sign and get the phone number. By the way I'm in the irriagton service biz I need all the help I cna get. It works fer me.
  5. Mack

Mack LawnSite Member

Thanks guys. I think I will try some different methods to get my name out there.
  6. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

7. lx665

lx665 LawnSite Member

I just received some samples from growpro. They have many types of flyers, newletters, and selling tools. They are first class! I'll be trying some soon. John
  8. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used there products before I got the grow notes. I had a guy that owned lawn chemical application biz he had said he had 600 accounts and he would put one in all his invoices for me. Well needless to say I thnk I got 1 call of it and that customer said she wasn't sure how she got my name.