Door hangers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by forgop, Dec 9, 2004.

1. forgop

forgop LawnSite Member

What's your take on door hangers in the neighborhoods that has a sign that says no soliciting? It's odd cuz one entrance will have it but not the other. If anyone calls and complains, can you just play dumb like you didn't go in through that entrance?

2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

......go for it.

3. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

i'll assume the front door has it, and the side door doesn't? either way, they'll probably go out of their way to not do business with you.

the other school of thought might be that "no soliciting" means they don't want door-to-door salesman or fundraising, ie "don't knock and hassle me".

just be sure the town you are doing any door-to-door flyers or sales pitches allows this. my suburb of dayton (oakwood) does not allow yard signs of any type not of the political nature. there is also a list in the townhall that residents can sign-up for to not allow flyers, soliciting, whatever. it's enforced by the police in that if a resident is on the list and receive something, they can and do call the police to report it. the person doing the flyers/soliciting is cited. if they continue on their route and do it again, which they do, they are arrested. every issue of our local paper features it weekly in the crime listings. it's amusing how many don't do their research into local laws and zoning.

tony

4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi forgop,

You can always consider reaching those people in such areas with direct mail. If you need a free door hanger here is one for you. Hope this helps.

Click image for link.
    [​IMG]

5. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

Hey Gopher: after saving the template, how do you go and edit it? do you open it in microsoft word? i cant' seem to get it to work. thanks

6. Markf

Markf LawnSite Senior Member

Expert,
    If I'm not mistaken the door hanger is a .gif file. This is a picture. If you save the .gif file you should be able to open and edit the picture with Kodak, Abobe picture or some other image software. I don't think that WORD will help you. I always find it easier to work with a .jpeg file.
    Mark

7. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

Could I export it to a jpeg file?

8. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Expert Lawns,
    You will first have to save it out as a bitmap (.bmp) then you can convert it to a .jpg or .tif file through a software imaging program.

9. Markf

Markf LawnSite Senior Member

Wells is correct. My software only allowed me to save in .gif and .bmp. In my opinion, all pictures should be saved in .jpeg. It seems to me that the computer industry favors .jpeg. Also, .jpeg uses less space (kilobytes).
    Mark