Door Store

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by LawnBrother, Apr 27, 2005.

1. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

Around here we have something called "The Door Store", which is basically a plastic bag that hangs on your doorknob and is full of ads. I have looked into using them and it's reasonably priced. Anybody used something like this before? What were your results?

2. Cut

Cut LawnSite Member

I havent tried that idea yet, but sounds ok, the bags would stick around longer in high winds.

3. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

sounds like them, many post here saying they didnt do well with them

4. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

I have never used them, but do get them at our house. The thing is, we get one in the spring, with about 10 flyers for lawn care in it. I think it may work best if you make your flyer stand out, or put it in at a different time of year, when no one else is advertising heavily.
    You can always post your ad up here, and people can help you fine tune it, to get the best value out of your marketing.
    Good luck with it

5. Dixie Pro Lawn Care

Dixie Pro Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Doesn't sound good to me. It's too easy to take a bag of "junk mail" and toss it right in the trash. It has it's own convenient disposal bag...cool. :D Not to mention you have to compete with the other ads in the bag for reading time IF they take the time to read any of them. I say use an ol fashioned door hanger. At least you know they have to at least see it before they toss it.

6. gocards

gocards LawnSite Member

I would say try it out. Everyone is different. Those that like to thumb through material would probably enjoy it and would respond. Not everyone thinks the same way. You would be targeting a certain crowd. Sounds good to me.

7. Cut

Cut LawnSite Member

I was thinking something else. I thought that you was talking about just a plain bag with only your flyer in it. May cost more than conventional doorhangers, but like i said, they would probably stay on the knob longer in high winds. I had to chase some of my hangers down immediatly after i hang them :dizzy:

8. Dixie Pro Lawn Care

Dixie Pro Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Get a big bag of the small, thin rubber bands. Put the band around the door knob and stretch it upwards, then twist it into an 8 shape...Now put the door hanger on...And then stretch the band over the top of the hanger and then around the knob. That should help you out for windy days but I haven't done door hangers yet. Just an idea I might try.

9. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Win a Free Book 'Start & Run A Landscape Business' and Business Consulting Services Here </font></marquee>

Hi LawnBrother,

What was the cost of that service? How many would they distribute?