Door to Door... What to Say?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Davypfeiff, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Davypfeiff

Davypfeiff LawnSite Member
    from ohio

I'm going to go out in the next few weeks and start handing out flyers door to door. I am looking for a good line to say when they open up the door. I'm only 17 years and i want a line to prove to them i am both professional and reliable. If anyone has done this before and has a good line i would be greatly appreciate it.

2. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

" Hi , my company is accepting more ( say "more" whether you have customers or not) customers this year .If you have a few moments i would like to tell you the best reasons to have a professional lawn care company do your maintenance for you ."
  3. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi my name is dave we are now servicing your area would you like a free estimate. Them yes you we can make your yard beautiful for just 35. a week
  4. Davypfeiff

Davypfeiff LawnSite Member
    from ohio

My flyers have a free estimate already on them and also giving them $50 off if they sign up with a neighbor.
  5. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Just don't present yourself as a 17 year old, have nice flyers and cards, sound like you know what your taliking about. I had customers when I was 17 and some of them thought I was like 25 or 26 or something, just because of how haerd I worked and how I presented myself.
  6. RedMaxrules

RedMaxrules LawnSite Member

Be comfortable, be yourself. Just a few things to warn you about if you've never done this before. Watch out for dogs! Sometimes they come out from the back yard or something without being on a leash, etc. Just keep your eyes out. Also you will get some people who just don't want to be bothered at their home by anybody. Not trying to discourage you just want you to know that these things are out there and I don't want you to be suprised. Make sure you are dressed presentable, you don't have to dress up but make sure you have clean jeans and shirt. Be confident and smile. People will warm up to you faster if you have a smile on and look friendly.
  7. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

What part of Ohio are you working in?
    Just don't say grass or yard, say lawn and landscape that way it sounds more professional. Good Luck!
  8. dsmrolla06

dsmrolla06 LawnSite Senior Member

Im going to be hiring some door knockers that im going to be having working in unison with my fertilization partner. Im just having them know, ask if they would like a free estimate, and if yes, sign a paper so that they are exempt from the do not call list.
  9. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Good question Gateway. Here in Cinci demographics changes quite drastically and so does your customer demeanor depending on which side of town your on. On the west side ie. Colerain, Mt. Healthy you should be casually dressed and friendly, whereas in Sycamore, West Chester, and Eastgate you'll get alot of negative response if your not very professional. Keep in mind that there's alot of FBNers in Cinci and the competition's pretty tough. Good thing is that there are plenty of props!
  10. dsmrolla06

dsmrolla06 LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe on the west side you should wear some south pole, a size 6xl shirt, and some tims...