door to door

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by coqui landscaping, Mar 21, 2009.

1. coqui landscaping

coqui landscaping LawnSite Member

hey man some people wasnt kidding in here when they meant just knock on some doors. Yesturday i did one house that i got a called from my flyers and as i was doing it i just went across the street knock on two houses and boom knocked those out too. Goodstuff!!

Coqui Landscaping

Where theres a Will theres a Way!!!
  2. tom's lawn care

tom's lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

What do you say when you knock on the door?
  3. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Introduce yourself, and ask em if they would like a little more info on your companys product. Try and be their best friend. I need to do this, cuz you will sell alot of jobs if you do it.
  4. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

It's interesting how it varies from area to area.

In the west Portland suburbs, it does not seem to go over too well.

But in other communities like southern Oregon's Medford, a lot more people don't mind it. In fact, many enjoy the door to door visits. When we first moved down there a few years ago, I tried it for a few weeks to get a jump start until some ads were printed, and got as many as 3 customers in just an hour.

Seems that experimenting locally in one's own area is the most reliable way to know. A low cost experiment.
  5. dewos

dewos LawnSite Member

I always have got a great return from knocking on doors but what I found out was that was a great return for each house// flier I handed out.. Not time. The time it took bsing with customers and waiting for them to come to the door was soo long.. So now I just post fliers and see. I knocked for the longest times but sometimes it was just weird...
  6. coqui landscaping

coqui landscaping LawnSite Member

yea man that day i got 3 customers too so yea i guess is different for some areas