Door to Door?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Wells, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

When going door to door trying to sell people on Aerating I've noticed that you generally need to be doing it the afternoon when people are getting off of work. This usually only allows you several hours in the evening to line up aerating work for the next business day.

I had the idea of distributing post cards door to door like you would with fliers that say something like "We will be aerating in your neighborhood for the next two weeks, our pricing for this area is $xxx. If you would like to be added to the list for lawn aearation please drop this postcard in the mail or call xxx-xxxx.

The postcard would have my mailing address on one side of the postcard with a spot for them to affix a stamp and the other side of the postcard would be the information about us being in their neighborhood and then a spot they can fill in their name, address, phone number, etc.

Does anyone think the return postcard idea would generate any more clients than just a standard flier would?

I've noticed that allot of people have a hard time picking up the phone and calling for service work unless they absolutly have to. This gives those types of people the opportunity to have the service done without having to make the initial call.

2. newbomb

newbomb LawnSite Senior Member

I would stick to using a standard flier with a phone number. Anyone that wants your service will call. I have handed out 500 or so the last two weekends and have gotten some response. The fact is fliers are a crap shoot. Hand them out and hope for the best. Use a phone number and make it easy for everyone.

-Paul

3. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Here is another idea:

How about instead of the post card idea you print the basic info on bright colored paper, explain that you will be in the area starting on Monday and if they want to be Aerated all they need to do is fill in there personal information (Name, Address, Phone number) and tape the paper to the outside of their door.

This way you show up in the neighborhood on Monday and everywhere you see your bright colored flyer hanging on someones door you do the aerating.

4. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

5. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Good Point.