Door

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by cat2, Sep 18, 2007.

1. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

Does anyone know of a website that sells front doors for skid steers? Kind of need one for my bobcat

2. Qualey

Qualey LawnSite Member

I was just about to ask the same question. Need one for a 277.

Thanks!

3. accurate machinery

accurate machinery LawnSite Member

4. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

If you have a g series or later bobcat, you can get a door frame and glass for about $200. You can purchase the hardware, seals, and front step plate separate for another $150 +/- and have a door that's made to fit on the cab.
    If you have an older bobcat, they have some flat doors that shut ok but I never liked them much.

Do you need glass or lexan?

5. cat2

from Mi

I have the K series. It doesn't matter if it is glass or lexan. Which would be cheaper? Where can I get this from?

6. YellowDogSVC

from TX

K series and G series doors are similar and will work on either even though they aren't exactly the same. I swapped my k series door with G series and vice versa.

Lexan is much more expensive. Bobcat won't supply it anymore but I can get it new lexan windows made from the Bobcat lexan that is no longer in production.
    Glass is cheaper. If you aren't grinding, get glass. Lexan will scratch but missiles will deflect off it.

7. cat2

from Mi

O, I would want the glass

8. cat2

from Mi

So it would cost me about what $400 to $450 for the glass door plus the shipping it up here

9. YellowDogSVC

from TX

If you are going glass you should be able to go to your dealer and get all the parts you need except lexan unless you want the 3/4" which has to be bolted on the outside (and sucks bad). You said bobcat, right? Your picture shows a JD skidsteer. Not the same fit.

10. cat2

from Mi

Yes for a bobcat. And I want glass. I have bobcat and Jd