Doorhanger help!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by coif_kid, Jan 13, 2005.

1. coif_kid

coif_kid LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

To those who have created door hangers, did your images have to be 300 dpi? A lot of the images out there aren't at that extremely high level of quality including the images I have seen in some of the member's door hanger examples.
  2. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

You will not be able to steal images off the web to use for a high quality doorhanger. They have to be high resolution photos - most websites are not.

Most designers will either have stock photos or you can take high res pics on your own.
  3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi coif_kid,

The free ones on our site are 150dpi. Send me a PM if you could use any of them in 300dpi and I will see if I can get them in that setting.
  4. coif_kid

coif_kid LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

Does it really matter as much as they say if your images are 150 dpi or so?
  5. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

Depwnds on the type of image-- photographs for certain need to be high res.

ALthough I don't understandeverything that goes on withthe process -- thats why I hire professionals, I know there is also something about doing the offset printing that makes lowewr resolution look even worse when printed.
  6. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

I am also investigating door hangers. It appears that most places want 300 dpi.
  7. iowa

iowa LawnSite Senior Member
    from NW IA

I agree with him, pro is the way to go! I just had the same designer he hires to design and print my cards. He has also done quite a bit of work for me in the past too..