1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Doorhanger pic that 3000doorhangers designed for me

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Grits, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Want opinions on this. The stock color will be a light beige. Would you change anything? Thanks for your input.

Attached Files:

• door.pdf
      File size:
      235.4 KB
  2. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

Must be very cut-throat in your area! I could never give 2 free cuts without feeling like I'm giving services and time away. 25% seems like alot also. Maybe it's just me ! The door hanger looks very good though! Good luck!
  3. BTLS

BTLS LawnSite Member
    from Texas

very nice- i like it
  4. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Two things caught my attention right away ... first and foremost are the two guys doing the work. This looks like a 50's ad, or a commercial you would have seen at the drive in theatre back in the day.

And the other as my neighbor Colts fan ... is the big discount. The bigger the discount, the more people think things are marked up to begin with. Just like jewelry ... it seems you almost always see it on sale for 50% foo. What's up with that? (actually there is a ton of mark up in jewelry)
  5. Grits

from Florida

They can only get the 2 free mows if they sign a contract.
    I chose 25% because most people offer 10% off and I don't believe 10% is enough to MAKE someone call. 25% has a better chance. Once I get my foot in the door I can upsell other services. and I will not be losing money with 25% off.
  6. Grits

from Florida

I am kind of on the fence with the pic. I'll see if they can do better.
  7. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

no where on the flyer does it say you get 2 free cuts only if you sign a contract.. might want to rethink that. Personally I offer 15% off yearly signed agreements and have that in my flyers/doorhangers.
  8. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Yeah, I think that 25% is a little high too. Just my 2 cents. You know your numbers better then anyone on here. If you can eat 25% then you may be way overpriced(at least that is what a lot of potential customers are going to think). If they can afford to give me 25% (1/4) of the price off how much of a profit are they making. Also, you should never count on other services making up for a loss. How many other services would you need to perform to make up for 25% off of a $400 mulch install ($100). It is not $100 worth of work, but $100 worth of profit to break even. At that point you are at dead zero and you can start to make money. I am not trying to burst your bubble I am just trying to give you some food for thought. You should never give away what you can not afford to give away. JMO. Now, on a positive note. Your hanger looks pretty good. Are they reasonably priced? Sorry so long. Again, this was not a personal attack on what you are doing. I just would not want to see you working for nothing. To many people have learned that lesson the hard way.
  9. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

I think you should add the tear off business cards or the business card slots. They might be a bit eaiser for someone to pass along or hang on to if they dont want your services right away. Mine have tear off Cards, I they are decent, A slot wouldnt have been a bad idea. Other than that it looks good. I agree 2 cuts and 25% is a bit much. What if you get 50 people(im just throwing numbers around) to sign up and for two weeks your are busting your ass for free? Good Luck , It's your decision
  10. Grits

from Florida

Ya'll have convinced me. I will change 25 to 15. And put call for details for the 2 free mows. BTW, they wouldn't get the 2 free mows right off the bat. They are to be used throughout the season. Thanks!