Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Mrk'sLawn, May 14, 2006.

1. Mrk'sLawn

Mrk'sLawn LawnSite Member

I placed an order for 1000 doorhangers and when I received them almost half were not usable because there were no perforations. I tried to email them to complain and my mail was returned and their web site is gone..:confused: Have they been around for a while? Anyone else have a problem with them when ordering? If I remember, I used them on a recommendation from someone on LawnSite.. Oh well..
  2. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Interesting! I just went to go to their site and saw that it is not available. When we ordered from them in the past we had no problems. I do not know what is gong on with them.
  3. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

A thousand door hangers? Just make them yourself.

You buy 4 packs of 67 lb paper (about $40 bucks) have your design printed on them by your local printer (you supply teh paper) three to a page and cut. Then get a 1 1/2" hole punch ($10) and start punching the holes out, only do one at a time if you got more money and a drill press you could use a paper drill (I never tried it). you make the slits with a pair of sissors (you can do ten at a time or so to save time).

This will give you 3000 door hanger for less than a 100 bucks.
  4. Mrk'sLawn

Mrk'sLawn LawnSite Member

I did make them myself. I just bought the heavy stock paper with perforations and printed them myself. I only spent like $50.00 dollars not a huge loss or anything.. Just the fact that they are kinda junk... They came in a box and were all bent up on the corners.. No biggie.. If I would have had them print them I would have had a cow..:)
  5. Freddy_Kruger

Ah I've done that, printed them myself but I never bothered with ordering perferated paper (didn't even know they had such stuff). I bought a fairly expensive paper cutter. Now I get the printer to print and cut them though I still do the holes.
  6. Dogbonz

Dogbonz LawnSite Senior Member

7. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

I ordered 10,000 from them and they came out great...but they leave the little hole in the top and you have to punch it out and the slits aren't opened either you have to open them up too...but pretty good deal I got 10,000 2 color 2 sided for like $325 with shipping
  8. Freddy_Kruger

That is a good deal, did you provide design? if so I would imagine they take CS2..

Have any canadians ever ordered from
  9. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

Ordered the special 5,000 for $189 shipped....

Came out great... No problems.

The reason people buy their door hangers is because not everyone has all day to print, cut, punch their own.... Time is money and if your wasting it on doing your own door hangers trying to save a few $$$ you have a lot to learn.

Just my 2 cents....

All Clear
  10. Freddy_Kruger

So do they come as proper door hangers with the hole alread punched out or are they still attached by preferations?