Doorhangers from Nebs

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Crew Cut Lawncare, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Crew Cut Lawncare

Crew Cut Lawncare LawnSite Member

When searching threads on doorhangers someone mentioned Nebs. They said that you could get 33% off your first order. When I called Nebs they had no idea of this discount. Is there a special number that is used to indicate the discount. I would appreciate if someone could tell me if this 33% off still applies.

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

3. it may not be the same price as jodi's post but ive found nebs to have excellent prices....i put out 3000 spring 2003

4. CHAN

CHAN LawnSite Member
    from AL.

Go to there web site and order the catalogs and kit that they have with samples and they will start sending you all kinds of offers and discounts.

5. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Yea nebs has great prices on the door hangers I was very happy with the price what I wasn’t happy about was 1000 hangers and not ONE GOD DAMM CALL well that isn’t true 4 months latter I did get a call for a service I didn’t offer on the door hanger. My partner spent days putting those things out you cant place them on the mail boxes so you have to walk up to each house very time consuming and very unprofessional looking if you have no money and plenty of time hey knock yourself out. Ill stick to direct marketing which was yielding me as much as 10% on some mailings that would mean 100 customers on 1000 letters much more expensive but the results were better and I didn’t have to feel like an complete idiot sneaking up to some guys front door.

6. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

problem with that door hanger from nebs is, it's just plain and simple.

no full color designs, just texts!

people nowadays just look at pictures, then read!

7. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Yes...they are very plain. Yes....I received a discount on my first order also....it was spring of 2002. I think I received 2000 for right around $100. I am not sure what they cost normally.

8. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

Kelly's Landscaping,

No luck with flyers or door hangers over here either. The houses are so spread apart it takes forever to deliver 200 flyers. How do you go about doing the Direct Mailing? How much will it cost?

9. turfsurfer

turfsurfer LawnSite Senior Member

You really ought to try the Gopher Graphics website (sorry, don't know how to post links). They will help you design a full color doorhanger or flyer right now for free and the printing price is very reasonable.

10. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

ztrguy well first thing we did was go on line and look up lists we found a few company’s then compared features we went with one that allowed us to select town, house, price, and family income. You can get much more specific if you wish even down to religion and race we opted not to. The more specific the list becomes the more per name it costs we ended up with the option of like 9-11 cents a name depending on the amount you wanted.

My partner bought some pre made letters off this site some where and we modified the letter to our own needs that was like 75 or 100 dollars next we had a printing shop make us our own letter head both letters and envelopes this extra step did drive up the costs but it looked awesome that done we considered getting all the letters done at like kinks on a laser printer at 10 cents a page and 10 per envelope but opted not to and instead bought us a decent laser printer for around 600 our first mailing paid for that machine in our printing savings. We also had business cards made up.

Then it came to sending the letters out we reviewed our lists we removed P.O boxes and other undesirable junk from the list your gona have about 10% that’s garbage better to lose it now then in a letter we had the comp print them up both envelope and letter we stuck in a business card in each and stuck a stamp on them this cost us around 90 cents per letter but what we got for that was pre screened customers instead of 20000 renters children land lords home owners and bank owned properties we got 3000 home owners that made enough to afford us.

So instead of hitting 1-2% we were hitting 5-10% only screw up we made was timing it was rather late I was getting those resulits in mid May this year they will be out in Feb. and we expect a huge return on investment. One other thing of note we found our best results off the middle class not the higher end homes for them we have a real nice yellow page ad this year.