DoorHangers....good question

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ColePyck, Mar 15, 2004.

1. ColePyck

ColePyck LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Well Im stuck, do I order the bland ones from nebs.com and get 4000 for 300 or go to another site with a color/gloss/flashy door hanger and get 1000 for 300.....where is the money better spent? Will I get more attention out of the nicer looking ones or can I get my point across just as easily with the nebs ones. Thanks

2. Stringblade

Stringblade LawnSite Member
    from pgh pa

In my opinion go with four thousand thats four times the amount of exposure just make sure the words do the selling.

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I would go for the nicer ones. Need to make a good impression

4. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I would say it depends on what kind of properties you aremarketing to. If you are going for high end homes I'd spend the extra and get nice ones made up.

5. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

I don't think the nebs ones are worth $300. I don't really think those are to be used as a sales tool, but instead as a "sorry we missed you", or "service complete" sort of thing. JMO

6. MY PUPPY

MY PUPPY LawnSite Member
    from mass.

Go with the gloss/color much more professional no matter what
    market area you are going into.

7. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

i just ordered 4000 today from erica at nebs #1 888 937 1234 ext # 2773 iam not usre but you might get a discount i got 4000 for $197 for the whole deal.

8. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

I'd say get the glossy ones. You will get noticed more by the people's houses you put them at. Be a little more picky on the houses you want to get as customers though, and you should be ok. Just target the specific houses you want, and give them the door hanger. Should work pretty good for you, and probably will give a better image of your company, instead of the basic cheap everyone has them door hangers.
    It's your decision ultimately. How much business do you need to gain this year? Try an add if you just want to REACH people for like 5,000, use the door hangers if you want to GRAB them in a smaller group, that was always my thinking.
    Good luck with either ones you choose

9. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi ColePyck,

Ask yourself, if you were a homeowner and just received two different door hangers in the past week. If one looked ok and one looked "Great", which would you call?

10. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member