Doorhangers michigan

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by SuperZZZ, Mar 19, 2007.

1. SuperZZZ

SuperZZZ LawnSite Member

Anyone having any luck with advertising so far with the crazy weather?Doorhanger,papers,etc?Time for the snow to goooooo lol.
  2. SuperZZZ

SuperZZZ LawnSite Member

3. SuperZZZ

SuperZZZ LawnSite Member

4. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting LawnSite Senior Member

Haven't started advertising yet, we'll send out flyers (inserts in the local paper) when i get back from S.C. first week of April.
  5. Leisure Time Lawn Care

Leisure Time Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I started doorhangers last weekend and havent heard a thing yet. Im thinking that it is to early yet???
  6. SongBird LawnCare

SongBird LawnCare LawnSite Member

i haven't started yet.. i finished the new flier last night.. but due to the weather.. i didn't think it was wise to start until this weekend or so.. but that's for me and my door to door advertising method.

7. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

ive been flyering since the begining of the month. probably put out around 600, ive gotten two calls and landed one of those. i am leaving in about 15 minutes to do my first spring cleanup, if the wind isnt to strong that is. ive been trying to start spring cleanups since march 1st but the weather hasnt let me, wind, frost, SNOW!!!
  8. lowballer17

lowballer17 LawnSite Member

pass out flyers from mid March through mid April. Most calls come around April 10th.
    Best days to pass out are sunny, dry, temps above 60.
  9. Watson's Landscaping

Watson's Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I started a few weeks ago when we had the 70* days think I passed out around 1,000 and only had three phone calls landed two. Also had two clients call back from last year there back on board for this year. It's good to here that some one else is trying to go do spring clean ups, I thought I might have been to ealy. What do you guys think about a power rake and aeriaton is it still to wet? I'm laidoff till april 2 and would like to try and get some of this stuff done so all I have to do is cut when the time comes.
  10. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

well i got out there to do a spring cleanup and it was just to nasty, windy and rainy. so i passed out flyers anyway, got about 200 out today. ive already recieved another call for maintenance. im going to do an estimate for her tomorrow so we will see if she is on also.

i have all but 1 of my 06' customers signed back up