Doorhanging Idea

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by studentlawns.org, Mar 23, 2006.

1. studentlawns.org

studentlawns.org LawnSite Member

What do you guys think about this...

To save time on bids I have my doorhangers printed with 3 different SPECIAL PRICES. $25, $35, $45 for basic service. As I walk the neighborhoods I can look at the lawn size and give them the doorhanger that matches.

2. dsmrolla06

dsmrolla06 LawnSite Senior Member

The problem i see with this is that they wont know it specifically refers to their lawn. Maybe put "Your lawn mowed for...." Even handwrite it in for bonus points.

3. mad_wrestler

mad_wrestler LawnSite Senior Member

STOP!!! My brothers got anxious to get started last year and we paid for it all summer. Don't sweat the small stuff. Just manage time better. You'll figure it out. What seems like overwhelming odds will dwindle in the first couple of months. You will get a lot of calls, but it will cost you too much!

4. salandscape

salandscape LawnSite Member

If you are going to include it definately hand write. I was going to do this this year on my door hangers but decided against it. The more i thought about it I'm not comfortable with walking around someones yard unannouced to get an accurate price, When I last moved Chemlawn took it upon themselves to walk my property and leave me a quote, I was pissed that they did this without my knowledge! I figure many potential customers feel the same way. Also I wouldn't try to guess what the back yard will look like from the street, you may get burned, I know I have. If you have to go back to give them an estimate they will get to meet you, and you'll meet them, you'll figure out soon enough that not everyone is a customer! Some are more trouble than you can bill for! Being in fron tof them also gives you the opportunity to up sell, offer annuals etc. Good luck!