doppler radar on my cell phone

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by General Grounds, Jun 7, 2003.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: finally had enough of my old cell phone and with another day washed out i went to the verizon store and bought a new phone with the color screen. not knowing i recieved web access i was snopping around and came across, "get it now". there's a thumbnail for the weather channel so i clicked and after entering my zip code i soon had the image that i get on my local on the 8's. you can zoom in, zoom out, put the radar in motion, very good tool to have, well worth the 3.99 a month. tony

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like a nice option Tony.

But for the last 2 months, a person could have just saved that $3.99 a month cause all it's been doing is raining...just get up and look out the window is my weather forecast, LOL.

3. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

I was actually getting ready to post a message along the same lines. What is the most accurate weather web page you all have found? I've been using weather.com and intellicast.com. Both seem to be O.K. but nothing spectacular.

Rodfather is right, though. Too much rain here, too. We need about a weeks worth of sun to dry things out.

4. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

I use a combination of local news stations and www.accuweather.com for forecasting my weather. I do a better job than the so called professional weather guessers.

5. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: i just think this is a great tool to have when you have 10-12 guys out working and you would like to know wheather or not to send everyone home, or go to the deli for an early lunch.

6. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

My equip,emt has been wet 3 times in the past 2 years and that was because I was on the way home and not in the middle of a job. Since I am closer to home now, I pop in and check the Doppler. I am a retired USN Meteorologisr/Forecaster so bringing that experience to this business has helped in a BIG way.
    Alnost thought about forecasting for LCO's... Ahhh but the ole eyes can't handle the strain any longer.

7. Darwin

Darwin LawnSite Member

Ya know fellas.....we are in the wrong business.

Where else can you be wrong 50% of the time (sun ....or....rain)and not get fired.

8. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

The whole reason why I bought the phone I did was to get the doppler radar. I got tired of the crappy radio weather reports that never tell you jack, and just wanted to know what was up with the rain. Comes in handy!