1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

dormant microbes

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by retxab, Aug 6, 2011.

1. treemancox

treemancox LawnSite Member

after further review, i'm of the opinion that it is better to add inoculant for each tank as it goes out. The types of root fungus which benefit moisture and nutrient uptake can only reproduce on the host plant and the powder we add to our liquids consist mostly of dormant spores (as someone had already mentioned)... this is all according to current research.
  2. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

It would be interestting to know if the AM root fungus is spread by innoculant as opposed to to already being there in most soils... somehow it has to get to the root and not be subdued by P apps and possibly fungicide...

Lots of speculation , but no real answers to those 2 points... :)
  3. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

if you could tell us which inoculant that you are using, there are many that have high P in the mix, I have asked every mycologist that I have ever met that knows about the symbiotic relationship between mycorrhiza and the host and every one has said that P interrupts the plant/host relationship, just a heads up

Don't use myco inoculants that have P on the label