1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dose any one work for Taco bell

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Harrington Landscape, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Harrington Landscape

Harrington Landscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from Erie Pa

Hi I work for the local taco bells in my town They are owned by R3 food service. I have talked to the owner on and off for the last year and We are trying to up date the taco bells here. All he says is that some of his other ones look great and They have lots of color and he wants that up here. He keeps telling me that he has pictures and never will he bring them so I can see to try to make these one look like his others. I am asking for you help Do any of you work for taco bell and could you take some pics of them so I can get a ideas on ours. I Hope One of you work for this company Please let me know thank you all and I hope you have a great Season this year.
  2. Adam's Lawn and Garden

Adam's Lawn and Garden LawnSite Senior Member

The ones in my towns look like crap. I don't work there but someone has to here.

3. BeautifulBlooms

BeautifulBlooms LawnSite Senior Member

I warm the ground beef for tacos with a curling iron before slapping it inside the tortilla!
  4. Gmgbo

Gmgbo LawnSite Senior Member

I do three in my area. My expierance with them is that they dont care about the appearance, the less the manager spends on landscaping, the bigger bonus they get. The ones i service have ugly red mulch everywhere and mulch volcanos around every tree. The landscaping always gets damaged by the drunk people that go there for the "fourth meal" lol.
  5. 1cooltreeguy

1cooltreeguy LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah - I bid on them yearly and they are looking for the Bottom dollar bids. I never have won a pizza hut, taco Smell, or KFC.
  6. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't have any Taco Bells, but I think lava rock, yucca (adam's needle) and aborvates would look good. I think one of the taco bells around here has some daylillies, that would give you some color.
  7. BeautifulBlooms

BeautifulBlooms LawnSite Senior Member

Doesnt this mean that you did win if you never got the account, and they were cheapskates?
  8. ooo

ooo LawnSite Member

I would try things like Gold Globes, Clethra, Ninebark (purple leaf ones). Like someone else said daylillies and arborvitae. I'd never plant Yucca anywhere. Go to Johnsons out near Erie. They have a nice selection.
  9. Harrington Landscape

Harrington Landscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from Erie Pa

Thank you all for your inputs It seems they are all planted pretty much the same. the owner wants like 10 k worth of work done for nothing that is what sucks about commerical accounts hope you all have a great year.