Dose Clip Software work or is it a Scam

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Trev, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Trev

Trev LawnSite Member

I have never been so frustrated with a program in my life. Has any one had sucess with any form of Clip.

2. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

CLIP is a great program but its very difficult to learn. Contact them and you can take seminars on it.

3. Emu! Emu!

Emu! Emu! LawnSite Member

I used Clip for three years and was very un happy. They seem to milk you for every penny and have poor support. I consider it a lost investment (about 4k including training)

I now use LA3 (www.realgreen.com) and couldn't be happier!

4. IRRITECH

IRRITECH LawnSite Senior Member

Company I worked for 7 years ago had purchased the program and never installed it. After about two weeks I had it up and running. But it was a major pain in the ass to keep up with. I thought it was a good idea but just such a huge PITA that I eventually just abandoned it.

Sorry man

5. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

How long have you had it, worth the money?

6. Emu! Emu!

Emu! Emu! LawnSite Member

I have had it about 8-9 months. I do chemical application and lawn/tree fertilization. This company really puts in a lot of effort to make sure you are able to successfully use the software. When you purchase the software they fly someone out to your office for 2 days(on your dime) just to train you and your staff! The software comes with 6mo free unlimited tech support. After that you can pay by the hr or get unlimited support which includes software updates for about $100/mo. With their tech support you usually have to leave a message but it is rare that they take more then 30 mins to get back to you during normal business hours. Clip would take hours or days and sometimes they wouldn't get back to me at all.

This software has a lot of features for marketing built in. I would recommend getting the mapping assistant with this software if you want to use it for marketing. One of the coolest features with realgreen is that if you are having a problem that you can't explain over the phone they can literally take over your computer if you have hi speed Internet and show you how to fix any problem.

I really like all of the reports you can run. It takes some time to get max potential out of LA3 (mainly the report features) because you have to build data history in the software which is done with day to day use.

You can go to their website and call them to set up a free demo.

With all that said... This software is not perfect. But what software is? They put out updates very often...sometimes 2-3 times a week that you can download from their website. Also, I have found bugs and called them...They had a fix update available within 48hrs.

All and all I would say yes it is worth the money. I have never been happier with a program. The people at realgreen are great and they have 10-20 techs on staff to help as apposed to clips 1-3. Check them out www.realgreen.com. They also offer free marketing siminars.

7. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

I went to their marking siminar when it was here in Minneapolis, and the one thing that I did not like was the fact that it seemed to mostly geared towards fert. and weed control where I do mostly lawn cutting.

8. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

try groundskeeper pro at www.adkad.com this is what i have used since day 1. i update it every year and have yet to spend $500 total. it's very easy to use. you can even download a trial version of it.