DOT number

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by tjlco, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Duffster

Unlike the Mid West where they give away Pesticide Cert in Cracker Jack Boxes, Florida has some of the strictest rules about Pesticide in the nation. We actually have to take a Real Pesticide Test to get Certified. AND HazMat training is offered by both the Manufactures and County extension services. It might not be the same training or cert as a CDL might have but it is a Cert and without one you can not legally clean up your own spill in Florida. I will actually be attending a HazMat CEU class on March 29.

2. Duffster

Duffster LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

So pesticide isn't a hazardous material requiring placards?

Just trying to wrap my Brian around this.

3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

How aboot a tanker endorsement?

Who's Brian?

5. Duffster

from Midwest

:confused: I don't know but I was hoping he could tell us how to get a HazMat endorsement without a CDL.

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Mark & Duffster

You guy are the typical stereotype of why southerners hate G.D. Yankees. You come south or into a southern Forum and try and tell us how to do things or knock what we do. Here in Florida I would tell you real quick if you don't like what we do, Take I 75 North we won't miss you.

The HazMat certification we are talking about is from the Florida Dept of Agriculture and Consumer Services Bureau of Entomology & Pest Control. It is not connected to the Dept of Transportation or the HazMat Endorement for Certified Drivers License or CDL.

7. Duffster

from Midwest

You hear that MarkO? He called you a GD yankee! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

CERTIFIED driver license. Ya can't write commedy like that. :laugh:

8. Mark Oomkes

You are the one who crossed from one licensing authority to another while the original poster was asking aboot something that had nothing to do with what you are talking aboot.

But yet, we are the ignorant ones.

Whatever. :dizzy:

9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

What you are failing to understand is what makes you G.D. Yankees.

D Yankee read our threads and learns something.

G.D. Yankee reads our threads and is too G.D. Dumb to learn anything, so they post their worthless opinions.

10. Mark Oomkes

I love you!

Hugs and kisses. :drinkup:

PS Being the internet and all, how do you know I'm not a 15 YO schoolgirl from SoBeach?