Dot numbers?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Schrock Lawns, Mar 28, 2013.

1. tbi

tbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

With the governments money grab don't be so sure you won't get pulled over. Landscapers are prime targets as most are clueless to the regulations.

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

There will be a change in North Carolina's DOT numbers laws that will be enforced starting on Dec 1, 2013. The new rules state that any commercially operated intrastate vehicle must obtain a USDOT number if:

• Has a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR), a gross combination weight rating (GCWR), a gross vehicle weight (GVW) or gross combination weight (GCW) of 26,001 pounds or more: or
    • Is designed or used to transport more than 16 passengers, including the driver, or
    • Is used in transporting hazardous materials in a quantity requiring placarding pursuant to 49 C.F.R. Parts 170 through 185.

http://concord.wbtv.com/news/transportation/77035-new-program-requires-intrastate-usdot-numbers

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  3. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

MN's regs are even more restrictive than that. 10K lbs or more GVW and you are on the hit list.
    Ridiculous. I run a Dakota V8 with a 14' enclosed.....so I get lumped in with the straight trucks and semis actually carrying heavy cargo.

4. TMlawncare

TMlawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't even listen to this nonsense. He thinks that a law in Michigan is universal. He does not even know the federal law. Many of us have DOT #s, been through the audits and know whats required.

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

I'm sure you can point out to me where I stated Michigan law is applied universally to all 50 states.

After that, you can point out what in that post is factually incorrect with links to back it up.

In the mean time, I won't be holding my breath.

Hugs and kisses!

6. Duffster

Duffster LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

:terribletowel::terribletowel: