Double Blade Blowout

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Vandora Lawn & Landscape, Nov 5, 2000.

1. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone have trouble with blowout from double blades? Any solutions?

2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I get blowout with singles or doubles-but worse with double-short of reducing rpm's and making sure you have the correct positive pitch on the deck-there isnt much you can do.I think this is a trait or ZTR's.I have never had any blowout on any of my outfronts-and both of my ZTR's covered me in clippings,so i think it something we have to live with.

3. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

I'm talking about a 48" lesco wb. My 36" lesco doesn't blow out w/ double blades.

4. John DiMartino

Sorry I didnt see anything about a Lesco WB mentioned in your post-Im not a mindreader-you can still check the pitch on the deck,could be the reason

5. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Woops, sorry

6. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

What is the proper pitch?

7. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

Cullen just give me all your accounts and your worries are over!!!!!!! =)

8. John DiMartino

Correct pitch for Dixie is 1/4 to 3/8 positive pitch.I measure it like this.I set the mower on my garage floor because its relatively flat,i make sure tire press is correct,all the way around.I lay on the ground by the opening in the chute,set blade so that one tip is in front,measure the tip cutting edge-to ground,in front-then i back.On my machine with the deck at the highest setting,I get 4" front-4 3/8 rear.you want the front of the mower deck a little lower on most anyway,you would need to check your spec sheet to get yours.When I first bought my machine-it was delivered with 1/4" reverse pitch on the deck-it blew out really bad,scalped and cut terrible-after just adjusting the pitch-it cut about 99% better.