1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Double Blades-Exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by germann, Mar 4, 2002.

1. germann

germann LawnSite Senior Member

We have two Exmarks-36" and 48" walkbehinds. In the Spring, many lawns are growing faster than one cutting a week can handle w/out clippings. Would doubles really make all that much of a difference? We are also wondering if you need anything special or if you just bolt 2 blades on in a + pattern with the same blade bolts, or do you buy specific doubles? Thanks!
  2. Harvestman

Harvestman LawnSite Member

You have just been pulled over by the search police. Click on the search button type in doubles and you'll be busy awhile. Lots of laughs. Harvestman
  3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

same question was on last wk,i think. anyway doubles work well on exmarks from what ive heard.
  4. Scottieschmidt is Harvestman too. LOL J/K

Get a longer blade bolt, same hardness.

Bolt em on in a + pattern and your set.

Try both high lifts and gators and then combos of each till you like the combo the best.

Try all types if you want.
  5. goodbeus

goodbeus LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 52" Exmark Viking I've set up with double blades...been running it for 3 weeks now and totally pleased with it...a lot less clippings, I'm able to cut faster, and it will mulch the heck out of some leaves...currently running with a regular blade and a gator blade....