Double blades for ZMaster

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shane Woods, Feb 8, 2001.

1. Shane Woods

Shane Woods LawnSite Member

Just bought a new ZMaster and would like to know if any of you guys run double blades on yours, and how you do it? Do you need to remove the factory clamp or holder that is above the blade? Thanks.

2. On a toro you use a 5/8" flat washer between the two blades.

3. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Stone how do you make up the space in the cradle? So you just put the first blades in the cradles, then use a 5/8 washer,won't there be some space from the cradle left over that needs to be scotched? Then when the space is even,put on your second blades. Anyone with a Z-Master please E-Mail me Thanks Marks Mowing Service

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

If you have a 1/2" deep cradle and put a 1/4" blade in there and a 5/8" big flat washer, that will make the bottom blade miss the cradle by 1/8". How deep is this cradle? Most I have seen are about 1/2".

5. You put a high lift or oem blade in the cradle, then one 5/8" flat then a gator blade across the cradle. I
    torque the bolts down to about 100 lbs or so with a long 1/2 breaker bar.

6. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Eric and Stone i run doubles on my walkbehinds and thats easy no cradel. I try it tomorrow, Ive been cutting all week, The phone has been ringing alot this last week. Alot of my clients want what little leaf and growth trimmed down. Next week i will be cutting, so thanks again. Marks Mowing Service

7. rdh

rdh LawnSite Senior Member

oops.....thats why kutnkru said something about puttng a washer in between the blades my mowers dont have cradels so i may have giving him bad info i hope he see,s this before a blade comes off...sorry