Double Blades Hot Or Not

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by proequipment, May 16, 2004.

1. proequipment

proequipment Inactive

I have a simple double blade system i want to bring to market that can mix and match different blade styles with no additional hardware.In Florida we are big on mulching and not bagging.You guys up north are big on stripping, mulching, and not bagging if possible. I would like your feed back pros and cons.

Thanks Mark
    www.prolockers.com

2. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

I have a Simple Double Blade System Also!

It's called a Bolt.

3. proequipment

proequipment Inactive

Fareway Lawncare
    Im courious do you drill a hole through them and bolt them.Or do you tork the ???? out of them..

thanks Mark

4. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I torque em up.

5. lilballa154

lilballa154 LawnSite Member

so to run double blades all u have 2 do is buy 2 of the same blades and make an x outta them then just tighten them really super tight?

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

They don't need to be super tight. Just put your torque wrench on it's normal setting. Even if the blades move out of the + pattern it's no big deal and nothing bad will happen. In fact Dixie Choppers new X blades are in the X pattern instead of the + pattern. The blades don't even have to be the same. On my 60" Dixie Chopper I run a 20.5" blade on the bottom and a 14.5" blade on the top.

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Dixie Chopper has had a double blade bracket for years. Most people just put one blade on top of the other and go. Maybe if you explain your new system a little more, include a pic perhaps, you will get a little more feedback.

8. proequipment

proequipment Inactive

Richard Martin...
    what im doing and have pat. pending is a series of dent's on one side and pertrusion on the other side around the arbor hole to inter lock blades. This system can be simplie incorporated into any blade manufacturing and you can mix and match blade styles 45 to 90deg. Or use single blades whith the system.. Give me your feed back ...

Thank You Mark
    www.prolockers.com

9. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Better not to Lock The Blades in Place...that way on Inpact you Can Save a Spindle..

10. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I use them .they work great in wet weather,got some blow back issues on my exmark .but all an all they work well in wet weather conditions.