1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Double blades - How to, Why, and pros/cons

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by adamholz17, Nov 18, 2005.

1. adamholz17

adamholz17 LawnSite Member

I have heard a lot lately about running double blades, I have never heard of this and wondering basically what it is. I know that it is running two blades!, but why and what are the advantages and disadvantages of it. Can any mower do this? What grass is this the most useful, such as mostly bermuda or all fescues? Lastly what set up of doubles are you running for top pair and bottom pair.
  2. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Get a big bowl of popcorn, a couple of cokes, and a comfortable chair and then use that search feature.
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Exactly. There is no less than 100 threads on here regarding all the ins and outs of this concept.
  4. adamholz17

the search button is not working for me today. I tried it a couple of times and keep getting a 404 error.
  5. adamholz17

scratch that, tried searching on my laptop and it worked fine, just seems to be a problem on the desktop. Found everything I was looking for.
  6. Justcutitshort

Justcutitshort LawnSite Member

Let's try it the other way:
    Why would you want to run doubles? Do you have issues with your mowing????
    We run every combo imaginable. Each has it's advantages and drawbacks......Then there's the HP issue and deck design.