Double Blades on a John Deere Z-Trak.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gl1200a, Jul 7, 2004.

1. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

The bolt hole on the blades on a Z-trak are larger than the bolt. The blade fits over a collar on the deck spindles and then the bolt screws up tight against the blade. If I run double blades I would have to come up with a sleeve to fit the void where the bolt goes thru the hole in the lower blade. Any ideas?

Thank you.

2. cglservice

cglservice LawnSite Member
    from Ky

Its past my bed time so I can not give you the name of blades ( as to whether they were for exmark or what) and the exact bolt dia. But what I did was buy some Gators that had the same dia. hole as the bolt put that on the bottom of the regular blade, and I had another set of gators that were drilled out to match the collar.

Michael E;)

3. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Hey GF, got you the solution for that problem. My Dixe Chopper dealer has an adapter for their mowers that is the same diameter as the JD 717 and 727, The only difference is the DC has a 3/4 inch hole and yours (like mine) has a 15/16 hole. All I have to do is take the adapter to machine shop and have them drill the adapter out to fit the JD blades. I just looked at this same thing today. I got the adaptor but have not had it drilled yet to try but Im sure it will work. Will let you know how it turns out. BTW the adaptor aint cheap, was 52 bucks.

Danny

4. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

BTW the DC dealer told me I would have to raise the deck higher to compensate for the extra blade or could cut to low.