Double blades on a mini z 44

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Trublmakr318, Feb 29, 2004.

1. Trublmakr318

Trublmakr318 LawnSite Member
    from Atco NJ

Can I run double blades on my 19 horse 44 mini z? and what would I need to do this and what are the advantages of running doubles?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

You can, you will need to use a longer bolt to attach them.
    19hp may be marginal though, to run them.
    Most guys run doubles to disperse the clippings faster and it also cuts the clippings a lot smaller.

Pj

3. Jeds_Lawn_Care

Jeds_Lawn_Care LawnSite Senior Member

does running double blades void any warrantys?

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

If it causes damage to the unit because you were running them then that particular damage wouldnt be under warranty.

5. GrassmasterB

GrassmasterB LawnSite Member
    from Florida

how about running doubles on the 36'' mini z, with the 2 different length blades? will hustler ever have any different blades for the 36''? such as gators. or will the aftermarket be making the short blade any time soon?

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I wouldnt run doubles, it isn't needed.
    We do offer a few blade options.
    Here they are.

36 side discharge 793802, 13.75" Stock Mini FasTrak blade
    36 side discharge 793794, 20.5" Stock Mini FasTrak blade
    36 catching 793935, 20.50" (right side only) very high lift blade
    36 mulching 794214, 20.50"
    36 mulching 794206, 13.75"
    36 Gator 794222, 13.75"
    36 Gator 794230, 20.50"
    36 side discharge 600900, 13.75" (Fusion) Stock Mini Z blade
    36 side discharge 600901, 20.50" (Fusion) Stock Mini Z blade

As far as aftermarkets, I am not sure, you would have to ask them.

Pj

7. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

I have a problem with mine leaving a stripe on the trim side since the deck was "updated" (larger opening with replacement deck). I have the non-xr7 deck like we talked about in another post. I'm wondering about doubles, fusions, or even putting an edge all the way down these for some help. I'm running the same blades I always had since new. I'm not sure the cut is as good as it was before the newer deck. Thought maybe it was the belt tension, but that's not it.

8. GrassmasterB

GrassmasterB LawnSite Member
    from Florida

thanks PJ, i wasnt aware that hustler was making the gators for the 36. i only knew about the side discharge and mulching. i'll be stopping by the dealer today to order some. thanks again.

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Your still running the offset blades?
    With the newer version of the old deck you need to run the Fusions with the spacers.
    E-mail me and I will send you the information you need.

Pj

10. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

Well I'm running the same blades I've always had. I've had two sets all along. My dealer never mentioned to me when replacing the deck (you'll remember the paint issue) that I should run different blades. They are wavey and sharp for about 4" on each end. So they probably are not Fusions. Looking under the deck I see the bottom of the spindle in the deck, a section that's about 1.5" long (a spacer prolly?), the blade, and then bolt. Sort of bums me out to get the deck sorted out only to find out it obsoleted my blades in the process...or at least made it worse. Those blades are like $60 a set as I recall.