Double blades on a Snapper WB.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Joel B., Mar 31, 2005.

1. Joel B.

Joel B. LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Anyone running doubles on your Snapper WB? Most of the grass gets dispersed but I occasionally get some clumps in thick grass. From what I read, doubles can help this, I'm just not sure which style/brand of blade to use.

Thank you for any help,

Joel B.

2. JerrysLawnService

JerrysLawnService LawnSite Member

Hi. we have run doubles on our Snapper hydros for years. Just use Gators on top and standard blades on the bottom. Just remember to take out one quarter inch spacer to make up for the extra blade. If you have any questions
    youcan E-Mail us at jerryslawnservice@comcast.net

Jerry

3. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I did the same thing. Just watch your engine power. Mine was a 17/48. With a 15/48, I could have seen power issues.

4. Joel B.

from MN

Thanks guys, do you both see a reduction in clumping with the doubles? I have a 23/52 so power shouldn't be an issue.

Joel B.

5. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Mine never really clumped except for when it was really wet. However, with the doubles i had a little more blowout.

How do you like your snapper? How old is it? Can you compare it to any other wb's?

6. Joel B.

from MN

I like it a lot, it has been a good machine. This will be my third season and the only repair was a flat tire. I have not actually mowed with any other WB's but Snapper is just as heavy duty and well built as any other commercial mower I've seen.

What are you running?

Joel B.