Double Blades Possible on 21" mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joed, Aug 19, 2003.

1. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

Has anyone tried to put double blades on a 21" toro proline or a commercial lawnboy? If so, how did it turn out?

2. jonw9

jonw9 LawnSite Member

I don't know, but I think I saw something about that on the Meg-Mo site, and that would be like double blades. Just a thought.

3. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

I have heard of folks doing this but personally have not figured out how to do it on my Toro proline 21's. I believe someone said the way they did it was to use a Lawnboy blade for the bottom.

4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

They are now manufacturing 21's with doubles for mulching.

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have already saw some 21's with doubles from the manufactor

6. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Who? what manufacturers?

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I saw them in a brochure about a month ago. Give me some time and let me think where I saw them......

8. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

I have put doubles on my proline one high lift notched and the original, but made to much luft and bogged I might try two origanil blades and see what happens

9. Movinfr8

Movinfr8 LawnSite Member

I dit it on me 22 inch Craftsman. Cuts great! so much lift though, that bagging, it blows the easy open bag open! Don't think I have cranked the 22 since I bought the 36 eXmark..
    Norm

10. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

if you do it with a lawnboy you have to put the factory lawnboy blade on the bottom, i use a gator for the top or a universal mulcher, as long as the top blade is flat around the mounting bolts, you'll be fine