Double Blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BufalinoLand, Mar 31, 2001.

1. BufalinoLand

BufalinoLand LawnSite Senior Member

Can somebody please tell me what double blading means and i have heard it voids warranty. thanks

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Double blades means, putting 2 blades on 1 spindle instead of just the one blade. You put them in a + possition one on top of each other. I have a page on this on my website. Click on my little red house and then go to the Double Blade page. The example picture I have there is two mulching blades and a Magic Mulcher, which I used for leaves last fall. I use a regular blade and a mulching type blade or Gator blade combo.

I also have a page of links on my site that has lots of posts on this. Just click on Lawnsite Links and there are two double blade topics there. One is a huge thread and the other is several smaller threads on this topic.

As far as warranty, it doesn't void the Chopper warranty I know. If you have a mower with aluminum spindle housings, it may void the warranty. So what, spindles aren't that expensive and I feel the extra cut quality is worth it. Read all the other posts and you decide, but be safe.
    I hope this helps.
    Eric