Double Blades?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnboy, Jun 15, 2001.

1. lawnboy

lawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

What is Double Blades, I hear a lot about them. Do you actually take two blades and put them on, or is it a special blade? If it is two are they directly over each other or across each other? Does this actually help with the cut? It seems like it would throw the height on the mower cut off.

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Click on the blinking gif below and then click on Double Blades and read about them and see pictures. ;)

Yes, it improves the cut.

3. lawnboy

hey eric thanks for the response, I think Ive got most of this, except in between the two blades in the X position is there a washer or anything or is it one blade sitting on top of the other, I run Exmarks.

thanks

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

You can run them blade to blade if you want. I did for 12 seasons, but I know use the double blade bracket sold by DC. It keeps them from ever getting out of whack, but lowers the blades by 1/2".

5. lawnboy

what is DC? and where do I find it?

6. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

uh oh

7. lawnboy

what kinda reply is that awm?

8. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i apologise there lawn boy . i was expecting the standard hit the search mode response. no offence intended. later
    by the way dc usually refers to the dixie choppers . to find out about them go to eric elms sight and look around. lot of good info there. later