Double blades?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RLS, May 17, 2002.

1. RLS

RLS LawnSite Member

I'm curious about the double blade thing. We had never heard of doing this until we came on here. So, I have a few questions.
    We run Kee's mowers, I gather that you can double blade on these mowers. Correct me if I'm wrong there.
    And I was wondering about the blades being lower than the deck. I know you can't raise the spindles, so how does this work. I am very interested in trying this out, but I need a little more information on the how to's and such. Will it make my deck setting different. I mean like if now I set my mower at 4", after double blading, will that 4' setting actually be, say 41/2' ?
    This concept makes all kinds of sense to me, but I have never heard of it and would really like to try it. It's just that I don't know anything about it.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

2. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

go to the top of the page and look for the search button. type in double and read for hours....

3. RLS

RLS LawnSite Member

Thanks!
    We are new to the site and it will take me awhile to get caught up on things.
    I will have to say, this is one awesome sight.
    :blob3:

4. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

RLS
    Welcome to the site.

5. Got Grass?

Got Grass? LawnSite Senior Member

"Will it make my deck setting different. I mean like if now I set my mower at 4", after double blading, will that 4' setting actually be, say 41/2' ?"
    This concept makes all kinds of sense to me, but I have never heard of it and would really like to try it. It's just that I don't know anything about it.
    Any advice would be appreciated. "

Welcome to the site read on for Hr's about doubles!!!

Actually if you doubled it it would be 1/4 lower not higher.
    Dunno much about the mowers your useing but it thay have spacers under the deck just take one out and replace it with a blade & your all set...

How the heck can you cut at 4" and not have customers wondering why its so high? Cut at 3" here and people still want it shorter...

Good luck & feel free to ask about anything...
    We are all here to help each other out & learn ourselves. No one knows every thing (except Eric!). It's all trial & error. We screw up, we learn. We dont know we ask. We know, we help!