double blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hagen, Aug 23, 2002.

1. hagen

hagen LawnSite Member
    from texas

what is yalls opion on the double blade setup

2. Would never go back to singles

3. Heller Landscaping

Heller Landscaping LawnSite Member

I put doubles on bob-cat yesterday. Last night it rained all night today I mowed and I was flabergasted there was not one blade of grass that was not cut nor that was bent down. The suction was incredible. A unbeleiver truly converted.:) :) :) :)

4. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

Been runnin doubles for the better part of this season, and am very happy with the results.. Just hate sharpening twice as many blades, but what you gonna do.. The only thing I notice is my 36" with 12.5 kawi struggles a little in really high grass, but that's not a problem right now..LOL... Since there is no grass...

5. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

my opinion ,some combination is good for most situations. drought not being one of them. great on leaves.

6. Depends on what mower they are on.

My Lazer's are better with singles, and my Dixies you have to run doubles on them to get the same cut as the Lazer's.

7. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with LGF, I usually run doubles on my Standers, but never had to on my Exmark. Although I still have not quite figured the best combo ... I have seen most who do run doubles have a straight on the bottom and a gator on top, which is what I am using currently which works pretty well, but I still think it could get better.

8. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

I've been running doubles on my Metro since last month. Works great unless it is really dry. Just blows dust around. I have the mulching kit.I run mulching blades on top and Excaliber notched blades on bottom. I just take off a spindle spacer to compensate.

9. lukemus53

lukemus53 LawnSite Member
    from 28071

it takes twice as long to clear out mower if you run over a volley ball net.

10. There's no big smiley face behind that one. ROTFLMAO!!!

How did yall do that?