Double Blades??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by T.E., May 19, 2003.

1. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

I need help with my double blades I have a toro 52" z master. I have been running high lifts on it with a muching kit,it does fine except in very high grass. So I put gators on it and,the cut is not very good to say the least. Really it went from good to bad. So I put on the gators first and then the high lifts and,it is still a very poor cut. So any help will be appreciated very much.

The reason I have on the mulch kit is? Around here if your not bagging the clippings, then most people won't let you cut it. Unless you can make it look like it was bagged.

Thanks T.E.

2. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Did the mulching kit come with a set of blades? My Exmarks did. They are the wavy looking blades, and they do a wonderful job. You might want to check into getting some of those for your Toro.

If you are cutting wet grass you might have to double cut.

3. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

T.E. --- double blades are for side discharging. I mulch with my doubles, but only if the grass is not too long. If it's really long, I just open the chute and discharge it.

The Gator will shred the grass more than the high-lift alone, so after a few hours in the sun the grass will dissappear.

Why don't you try using just a single high-lift Gator? That should give you good results.