double blades

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by hustler1, Sep 28, 2003.

1. hustler1

hustler1 LawnSite Member

paging mower a new super mini Z 52"with gator blades....what blade should I "stack" with and in which order in an attempt to bring the grass blades up as tall as possible for a nice flact non-striped look? Additionally.....what would be the effect of using the mulch kit with that....or should I stack with different blades?
    I also assume I can have my brother weld some "lips" onto the edge of the bottom blade to lock them into a position perpendicular with the main (upper) blades. Please correct me if I am wrong and advise me of any of the "cons" that may go along with either setup.... thanks.....Glenn
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Never would I recommend welding a blade, to much heat and it would also put it way out of balance.
    There are so many blade combos to use it can make you dizzy.
    There are several members here @ LS that run doubles and on many different brands and types of grasses.
    You need to find the combo that works best for you, in your conditions.
    As far as a mulch kit goes....I would run single Gator's and adjust my cutting height accordingly. (taking to much off while mulching may cause clumping or streaking)
    Hope this helps