double blading the edger

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by fromTEXAS!, Jun 1, 2005.

1. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

But it wasn't me who started this thread.. :D Anyway, From TX, I've done the same deal before and it was OK, But the star blades will do as good a job, with out bogging the edger more.. Green Pastures, It seemed to bog a stick edger, but it does work great on a powerful W/B edger ( running double "normal" blades )....

BTW, From TX, where in Houston are ya'll?
  2. fromTEXAS!

fromTEXAS! LawnSite Member

bear creek area
  3. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Right up the road a bit.. We're in the Dairy Ashford/memorial area.. Nice to hear from ya'll. :waving:
  4. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

Ive done but I dont do it all the the time. I do it the last few times before winter when I go out once a month just so it lasts longer. The blades dont last longer just get 2 worn out blades in the same amount of time as it takes to wear out one and it was harder on the machine.
  5. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

we run double blades, especially when edging beds
  6. SidelinePropMgr

SidelinePropMgr LawnSite Member

I have a request to put a 1" edging on the lawns. Can anyone give me an idea on how to do this. Currently my idea is to rent a trencher and use it (like burying invisible fencing) 1" wide but about 4"-5" deep