1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Double cut, triple cut, charge more or the same?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Willis, Aug 22, 2003.

Double cut, triple cut, charge more or the same?

1. Charge more.

8 vote(s)
  2. Charge the same.

14 vote(s)
  1. Willis

Willis LawnSite Member

Double cut, Triple cut, charge more or the same?
    Do to Raine, excessive growth, nitrogen ext.
  2. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

If ya got to double cut, or triple cut, its noones fault but yer own for lettin it get so long..
  3. Willis

Willis LawnSite Member

Is that so? :dizzy:
  4. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Naww I was jus bs'n ya......I think ya should charge em double for twice, triple for cuttin 3 times.....:rolleyes:

Yer the one who posted the stupid question!
  5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Charge them, im sure they will understand. yeah right.
  6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I personally do not charge more because of weather conditions. It isn't their fault that it rained.

Now if they wanted me to wait, or something that they did caused a delay in me mowing their lawn, then yes charge extra.
  7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

If I'm supposed to be there on the week, and it doesn't get cut, then that is MY problem. I deal with it. It is not the fault of the customer that the given day that their scheduled visit is on is set back a day, or two, or three, etc. As far as the "too much nitrogen" thing, well, that just doesn't happen with me. There are times when I'm late getting in, and I know I'm late, but that is my responsibility. If I was busier, I'd be even later - but I sure wouldn't bill the customers all the more for it. It's all part of the biz. Now, if for instance I came onto a new job, and it was long and needed extra attention, then that is a different story. Or, if it was a bi-weekly arrangement (which I don't do for this very reason), then that would be a seperate issue, too.
  8. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

I just figure that there paying for the final product. If your getting $40 to do the lawn, then thats what your getting. What ever it takes to make it look like a $40 cut. I double and triple cut sometimes. But I may just have to mow ones when the grass slow-es down. Im still getting the same $40 for the same end results.

MARYLANDMOWER LawnSite Member

I can see why some don't make it long in this business. If you are charging per cut, and you are there in a timely manner, but because Joe Homeowner or worse some other company is over fertilizing, why should you not chage a nominal fee to keep the lawn looking top-notch, if that is what your customer desires. When we have a drought and you only mow 2 times in a month, will they pay you for 4 cuts, doubt it. Many would be suprised, if you just communicate with your customers, and you have always been fair with them, most will in turn be fair with you.
  10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

that is why I always use my famous words to customers, "As Needed, Decided by Us."