Double Cutting lawns in Spring!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DreamtheGreen, Jan 8, 2008.

1. DreamtheGreen

DreamtheGreen LawnSite Member

Ok, when the growing season is in full gear and you have too double cut everyone, do you charge them. How Much? I did charge for it but stopped doing so a couple years ago. It has been very time consuming and expensive last couple years. Does anyone have something written in there contracts or agreements about charging more for this. And can you please share it with me. I diffently want to put something in my agreement before sending them out this year.
  2. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't charge extra because i double cut everything all year long anyway. It is just so thick and weedy here.
  3. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

If I double cut Ill tack on an extra 5 or so. If I have to double cut and bag its an extra 10-20 depending on the yard.
  4. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

I don't. But the ones I have to double cut, I expect the client to not skip mows when it is dry. If they do try to skip excessively , I remind them of the double cuts i have done and if that does not convince them we part ways.
  5. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

what kind of mower are you using?
  6. TNT Lawncare

TNT Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

If its an on going thing that I have to double cut every week, I will charge extra. Before that though I try to convince them that their yard needs cut 2 times per week to keep it looking good. Either way, I still get my money because its my time and gas that I am using more of than normal. Most people understand that. Now, if I do double cut, I charge 1 and 1/2 times a normal amount. Example: normal cut being $40, double cut would be $60 and so on.
  7. DreamtheGreen

DreamtheGreen LawnSite Member

I'am using a Dixie Chopper. But remember I said Spring when its growing out of control. This past Spring here in Michigan the grass grew Very Out of Control. I also use a Exmark rider along with a Scag walkbehind.

Does Anybody have anything written in there contract or agreements.