Double cutting

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clncut, Sep 9, 2006.

1. clncut

clncut LawnSite Member

Lately here the weather has been cool, raining at least once a week and plenty of dew on the grass in the mornings. I believe the grass is growing faster now than this past spring. Ive had to double cut most residential yards which is no big deal to me. I also have a couple of HOA accounts and one of them is growing like crazy. There is about 6 acres of turf and yesterday I had to double cut most areas to clean them up from all of the clippings left after the first pass. My question is do you guys double cut your larger accounts (multiple acreage) to keep them looking nice when the grass is growing like crazy?

2. SamTheLawnMan

SamTheLawnMan LawnSite Member

I do what I have to do to make the lawn as nice looking as possible...Even if it means cutting it twice.

3. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Same here.:cool2:

4. Mic_bug

Mic_bug LawnSite Member
    from N.B. MI

DITTO:weightlifter:

some part three times:cry:

5. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

Define Nice. To me it all depends on the customer, the location and weather or not that it is the front or back lawn. For the most part, I do what ever it takes.

6. K c m

K c m LawnSite Senior Member

where it keeps clumping up. GRRRRRRRRR

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Same as if it were your home.

8. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

rainy yes cool NOT, i wish i only had to double cut, both mowers are clogging up by second lawn ,cow patties all over . i even have customers with standing water in there back yards ,does anybody make a 52in weed whacker ?? this is far worse than spring growth

9. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Crazy year. Winter, Spring, Summer, then Spring again. Lawns look bad around here. None of the LCO's seem to be cleaning up any clipping much exept for me.

10. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

The lawns up here are looking as good as they did during the month of May. Definitely have to double cut a lot of them.