Double Stacking Blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BUDGET CUT'S LAWN CARE, Mar 19, 2006.

BUDGET CUT'S LAWN CARE LawnSite Member

I've Heard Of Guy's Stacking Blades And I've Heard The Grass Comes Out Like Powder But How Do You Keep The Blades At 90 Degree Angle And One Blade Not Catching Up With Other?
  2. cwmiller928

cwmiller928 LawnSite Member

I am also interested. Can you put them on any mower? i know that dixie chopper has them out for their machines.
  3. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

when you tighten them down in a " X " formaton they will stay that way.
  4. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Some swear by it, but It not at all necessary, it it was manufacturers would equip them like that from the factory, now if you have some mower with a crappy deck that is a different story. But an ultra Cut, triton, Advantage, turbo force etc... Not Necessary.
  5. FinalCut05

FinalCut05 LawnSite Member

I run them on my 52" lesco walkbehind and the difference is night and day. Better dispersal of clipping, smaller clippings and really good stripes.
  6. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Blades have little to do with stripes
  7. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

thats right.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Man i have cut grass professionally for 11 years and i have never run doubles no one here does WHY SHOULD I.
  9. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

You dont need doubles just buy an exmark:rolleyes:
  10. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I've experimented with doubles and I think there is a time and place for them. They do have benefits, but they also have a downside. If you want to know more about what I'm talking about, try searching for 'doubles'...