Double, triple, quadruple posts?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by 1MajorTom, Oct 11, 2003.

1. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I've noticed that there seems to be a rash of double and triple posts lately of the same post. Heck, there was one reply that I removed that posted 8 duplicate posts.
    Anything you know of that could be causing this?
  2. kels

kels LawnSite Senior Member

slow connection to the server, people clicking the button many times because they think it is not posting, my quess anyways.
  3. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

happened to me a couple days ago....once again the problems with the system seem always to happen between 5am and 7am.
    It was a looooong post so I hit enter more than once because I didnt want to retype it as the server seemed to be hung up.
  4. LSAdmin

LSAdmin Web Developer Staff Member

Can you please point me to a specific thread if that happens again so that I can investigate this further?

The server load is very low from 5 to 7 AM and it should be responding pretty fast. The only exception might be around 6-6:05 where the daily remote backup is performed, as part of the server's internet connection is used to backup data instead of receiving new information, but the connection should not be slower much more than a few seconds since only the new data is backed up (we're talking of less than 10MB per day usually).

5. LazerFan

LazerFan LawnSite Member

It happen to me over and over for a few days.
    I got website not responding after it seemed to take forever to send. Then I clicked back to the main and got that it had expired. So I resent and resent lol Cause this kept repeating itself and never saying that it posted the reply. Turns out sometimes it did and sometimes it didnt. When it did it was a delayed posting. Sometime so delayed it didnt show up when you pressed the refresh button
  6. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Lots of "web site not responding" errors on my end.
  7. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

look in the commercial landscaping at the post think it is called "why we do the jobs we do" or something or other. LandscapeEscape posted one whole page of the same replies. LOL.

On another post a guy replied three times so i agreed with him 3 times. I think that was in the "West coast biasism" started by yours truely. Hope this helps yall track the problem.

Oh, and in case it matters, for every re-peat post it also sends Re-peat notices to you that you got a NEW reply. I came back from dinner and had like 12 responses which boiled down to 2. Darn, i was so excited too.
  8. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I just turned off e-mail notification. I got no less than 50 emails relating to one post. Something isn't right. Usually, it only sends one per thread.
  9. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

In at least 9 of 10 threads ive looked at, the last few have been either double or tripple posts. I can find you links if you want, but as i said, its in just about every thread.
  10. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

There was one in the lawncare forum that was duplicated and took up 2 whole pages. also, I can't seem to post pictures. I too am getting WEBSITE NOT RESPONDING messages