double trouble

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by awm, Aug 26, 2002.

1. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

well this is more about my really great son ,who i would do anything for and am so proud of. had to say that boys ,daddys will know what i mean.
    loaned him my lazer to cut his grass ,its a new place and they just let it go in the drought.
    all three spindles w doubles are meshed togather in a way that will take some serious air to ever get them off. i hit a tire carcus once and a dog chain . the only time i ever did that to a set of doubles.
    how he did it to all three spindles ,i cant guess. just hope he didnt mess a spindle up. moral ,do not loan your primary mower to ANYBODY.:) even my son as great as he is.:D

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Never fails. Nothing ever comes back the way it was. I've yet to understand why.

3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

hey 65 . must be raining there.
    i had a heavy wk last and this is the lite wk. be lucky to get in 3-4 hrs a day.
    if u gone ,no need to answer ,when u come in . just ,have a good one.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

AWM

Nobody loans equipment to a complete stranger, but to a family member??? Everytime...and with the same results.

Next time, give him the cash to go to a local rental yard. You'll be glad you did:D

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

No rain today. We started later today due to the extreme dew this morning. We're back safe and sound with no major disasters. Actually we did pick up 2 new customers today. This has become a habit lately. So I guess we did have a good day. Thanks.

6. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Every fall, the brother-in-law asks to borrow equipment, I always let him, and it always requires work when it comes back. At least this year he bought a new lawn tractor, so he is not borrowing my mowers anymore. Oh well, such is family.

I might make up a new expense category in my books, "repair costs due to family borrowing"!