Doubles & a Bagger?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by IBGreen, Mar 5, 2003.

1. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I was just wondering, would running doubles on a ztr with a bagger help things out? Or would it make the bagger clog worse? Will doubles help get up more little pieces of trash or scatter them? Just wondering if anyone has ever tried this. If so ever do it with a set of high lifts and a set of standards?

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

What Kind Of Bagger Belt Driven Or Gas??

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Not sure about doubles, but going from OEM blades to mulching Gator blades on my Walker GHS makes a difference in how much grass I can pack in the hopper. I would think double blades would have the same affect.

MATT

4. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Doubles are going to chop it up more so you can get more in the bag. You should be ok as long as you dont have too much under deck blow-out due to the pressure of having the discharge chute covered by the bagger.
    I have never tried doubles but single mulchers work great!

Jimbo

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Doubles will grind the clippings up more, thus enabling you to get more in the bagger compartment.

Conversely, you have to go a little slower because the grass clippings (especially if they are wet at all) tend to clog together more because they have been chewed up more (particles are smaller). And there is increased baffle blowout also to content with, too.

I think doubles work best (Gators especially) when vacuuming up leaves in the Fall time.

6. IBGreen

Thanks guys I really appreciate it, does anyone know of a website for Bluebird?

7. rodfather

8. IBGreen

Thanks Rodfather, you're on top of it aren't you!:D

9. rodfather

That's why they pay me the big bucks...LOL...that and I own 2 Bluebird Aerators.

10. IBGreen

Wow, their site really stinks, sorry Bluebird.